Get library eBooks on your Nook
You may borrow up to 3 eBooks at one time. eBooks are checked out for 14 days. When the 14 day period ends, the eBook may still appear on your Nook but you can’t open it. (If you want to return your eBook before the 14 days end, see step 8 on the back.)
To transfer library eBooks from your computer to your Nook, you must have the free Adobe© Digital Editions software on your computer.
- Go to the eBook link on the library home page or eBook page . Search or browse for an eBook. Select a eBook and click Add to Cart for Adobe EPUB Book. (Do not select Kindle book.)
- You can continue to browse for other eBooks. The eBooks you put in your cart will remain there for 30 minutes. When you are ready to checkout, click Proceed to Checkout.
- Enter your library card number and click the Sign In button. Your library card number is on the back of your library card.
- The Check Out screen tells you how many eBooks your have checked out. You may have up to 3 eBooks out on your library card at one time. eBooks are checked out for 14 days; you may select 7 days if you wish. When you are ready, click Confirm Checkout.
- The Download screen will appear. The current date and the date your eBook loan ends will be displayed. Click the Download button.
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want Open or Save the eBook. If you click Open, the eBook will open in Adobe Digital Editions. If you click Save, you can save the eBook and open it later.
- Open the eBook in Adobe Digital Editions and attach your Nook with a USB cable to your computer. The Nook will show up in Bookshelves list. Then drag the eBook from your computer to your Nook.
- Your eBook loan will automatically end after 14 days. To return an eBook before it is due, open the eBook in Adobe Digital Editions on your computer, click the arrow in the left corner of the book you want to return, and click Return Borrowed Item.