Get Library eBooks on your Kindle
You may borrow up to 3 eBooks at one time. eBooks are checked out for 14 days. When the 14 day period ends, the eBook may still appear on your Kindle but you can’t open it. (If you want to return your eBook before the 14 days end, see step 8 on the back.)
To borrow eBooks, first check out the books from the library website. The books are then wirelessly sent to your Kindle.
- Go to the eBook link on the library home page or eBook page . Search or browse for an eBook. Select a eBook and click Add to Cart for Kindle Book. (Do not select Adobe EPUB books.)
- You can continue to browse for other eBooks. The eBooks you put in your cart will remain there for 30 minutes. When you are ready to checkout, click Proceed to Checkout.
- Enter your library card number and click the Sign In button. Your library card number is on the back of your library card.
- The Check Out screen tells you how many eBooks your have checked out. You may have up to 3 eBooks out on your library card at one time. eBooks are checked out for 14 days; you may select 7 days if you wish. When you are ready, click Confirm Checkout.
- The Download screen will appear. The current date and the date your eBook loan ends will be displayed. Click the Get for Kindle button.
- Amazon’s website will automatically open to Get Your Public Library Loan. If you have more than one Kindle device, you can select where you want you eBook delivered. Then click the Get Library Book button.
- Your eBook will be automatically delivered to your Kindle or other device. You may need to sign-in to your Amazon account if you are not already signed in.
- Your eBook loan will automatically end after 14 days. To return an eBook before it is due, sign into your Amazon account and select Manage Your Kindle. Go to Your Kindle Library, select the item, and click Return this Book.