Internet Use Agreement
All users accessing the Internet through the library must agree
to abide by the following rules:
- The library uses software to block access to Internet
sites that violate the Child’s Internet Protection Act. Library users who believe
that access has been blocked to a site that does not violate the Childhood Internet
Protection Act may request that the library staff unblock the site.
- The Iredell County Public Library is not liable or
responsible for any loss or damage incurred by any library user accessing the
Internet through the library’s public use computers. This includes, but is not
limited to, any loss associated by buying or selling merchandise or services
through the Internet, theft of credit card or other financial data, any personal
information disclosed through the Internet, or any other information or data
transmitted through the Internet.
- Users age 12 to 17 require a Public Computer Use Agreement
signed by a Parent, Guardian or Legal Care Giver. Users age 18 and over require
a signed Public Computer Use Agreement.
- The reception, transmission, or display of sexually
explicit images, messages, or cartoons, or an transmission or use of communications
containing ethnic slurs, racial epithets, or any other material that may be
construed as harassment or disparagement of others based on their race, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability or religious or political beliefs
- Misuse of e-mail or other communications to defraud,
threaten, harass or misrepresent oneself to others is prohibited.
- Illegally adding, deleting, copying, modifying or "hacking"
files or programs on the computer or any other computer or network accessible
through the local network or the Internet is prohibited..
- Violating copyright laws or software license restrictions.
Misrepresentation of self by password or signature is prohibited.
- Unauthorized disclosure, use and dissemination of
personal information regarding minors is prohibited.
Adopted by the Iredell County Board of Commissioners 3/17/02