Public Wireless Network Policy
By using ICPL’s wireless network, you agree with the following conditions:
- The user assumes all responsibility for the use of the Library’s wireless network.
- The Library does not guarantee that all devices will be compatible with our wireless network.
- The Library’s wireless network is not encrypted. Information sent from or to your device could be intercepted by anyone else with a wireless device and the appropriate software.
- The library is not responsible for any financial loss, interception of private information, infection with viruses or malware, or any other harm you may have while using the library’s wireless network. We advise you to avoid sending sensitive information, such as online purchases or online banking, on any public wireless network.
- Wireless users requiring sound must use headphones so as not to disturb others.
- Please be considerate of other library users and refrain from displaying materials that might reasonably be considered objectionable. The library uses content filtering software on the public wireless network in compliance with the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA). Users of the Wi-Fi network are responsible for complying with CIPA. Violations of CIPA on the library's Wi-Fi network may result in suspension of access to the network.
- Users of the public wireless network are prohibited from gaining unauthorized access to other computer systems, damaging or attempting to damage equipment or software; interfering with system operations, integrity or security; gaining unauthorized access to another person’s files, and/or sending harassing messages to other computer users.
- Violations of this policy may result in restrictions on library use.